Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dessert time!

Today I made chocolate chip cookies and chicken parmesan from Elana's book (and the recipe for the cookies is also on her website--www.elanaspantry.com).

The cookie recipe is a very simple recipe--almond flour, baking soda, salt, grapeseed oil, agave nectar, vanilla and dark chocolate chips. Nothing fake about that;-) She recommends putting the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes but I usually just pop them in the oven. They flatten out a bit but are still very tasty. I have two photos--one before and one after cooking.

I also made the chicken parmesan for dinner--again--a very simple recipe. Simply dip the chicken in egg, then dip in almond flour and salt and brown in olive oil and grapeseed oil. I covered it with marinara sauce and a bit of pepperjack cheese then put it the oven to cook.

While I was cooking I had to take a photo of our rascally pooch Bailey. He was taking a nap while I was cooking rather than his usual looking for handouts;-)

The other night I made onion almond flour rolls so we had those leftover. I got the recipe from the book ' Cooking for Celiac's, Crohn's, Colitis and IBS'. The ingredients are almond flour, onions, eggs, oil, a bit of honey and a bit of pepperjack cheese. Tasty but a bit dry so are hard to swallow sometimes. They are supposed to be good for those who have a hard time digesting white flour and other gluten containing flours.

Then of course we had lots of fresh veggies;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment