I've decided to start a blog about gluten-free, almond flour recipes based on recipes from elanaspantry.com and her new book called 'the Gluten-Free Almond Flour cookbook' that just came out this summer. I've never cooked all the recipes in one cookbook and since there is only 90 in this one (not including the sauces/pie crusts etc) I thought this just might be doable.
There are many reasons for starting this blog---one is to simply document what I've cooked and how it turned out for those who may be interested in making that recipe.
The other reason is that I love cooking and sharing ;-)
I've cooked several recipes so far in this book. My favorite (and my husband Dan's as well) is the
Chocolate Cream Pie made with coconut milk. I've made this several times, twice with lo-fat coconut milk. It didn't turn out quite as good as with full fat but I felt healthier eating it (maybe all in my head;-). Anyway, I will repeat those and take pictures. Using lo-fat coconut milk made solid balls of I think the arrowroot powder or perhaps it was simply the gum used in the coconut milk. I used organic canned coconut milk from Whole Foods.
We ate so much pie that we decided perhaps we shouldn't be eating pie so often;-) But it was so good! Unfortunately, the aging metabolism couldn't keep up with the caloric intake so we're backing off for now. I'll probably start with some of the lower calorie recipes and work my way back up to the desserts.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow making your own tortillas sounds like fun
ReplyDeleteIt was fun;-) And tasty too. LOL;-)
ReplyDelete