Friday, January 8, 2010

I really like stuff with oatmeal in it---especially scones or cookies and even pancakes--not so much just plain oatmeal itself although that is pretty tasty. I came across this recipe online at Simple, Healthy, Tasty cookies and candies. I modified it a bit but haven't yet tried it. This is on my list for baking:-) I'll give you an update tomorrow.

3/4 cup coconut oil melted
1 1/2 cup date sugar
egg replacer for 1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups uncooked regular oatmeal
1 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg (optional)

Beat together the oil, date sugar, egg replacer, water and vanilla until creamy. Combine the remaining ingredients, add to the first mixture, and mix well. Drop onto greased cookie sheet like any cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Be sure not to over bake or they will be crispy I like my cookies chewy. You may find you want to even bake them for less time! For variety, add chopped nuts, raisins, carob chips, or coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment